Development and Support Officer
WA Squash is looking for an experienced administrator to provide support to all things development-related including junior pathways, coaches, school programs and more.
Join a dynamic and passionate team of individuals based in Belmont. Days and hours are flexible. Immediate start preferred.
- Regular communication with existing and potential metropolitan and regional schools.
- Coordinate junior clinics and competitions.
- Liaise with clubs and court operators to ensure facilities available.
- Coordinate volunteers and paid staff for school bookings and junior competitions and events.
- Liaise with Squash Australia and coaches regarding training and re-accreditation.
- Provide support and resources to coaches.
- Provide support to the General Manager.
- Manage and work within budgets.
- Attend local events, meetings and conferences as required.
- Respond to general enquiries in a timely manner.
- Raise public awareness of squash in general.
Skills and attributes:
- Bookkeeping skills preferred but not essential.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with people from all walks of life.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and handle disgruntled individuals.
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised, as well as within a team.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and drive to grow the sport of squash.
- Administration experience.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Be a positive role model and representative of WA Squash.
- Willingness to be an advocate for WA Squash policies and procedures, as well as those ofthe governing National Sporting Organisation Squash Australia, such as child safeguarding, inclusion, member protection and more.
- C class driver’s license and own, reliable vehicle.
- Working With Children Check (or willingness and ability to obtain one).
- Police Clearance (or willingness and ability to obtain one).
- Minimum Level 0 coaching certification (or willingness to obtain it).
Knowledge and/or participation in the sport of squash is preferred but not essential.
For more information, please contact General Manager Leigh-Anne Kaye via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/59815745.