Women’s Squash Week (17-24 September 2022) is an international campaign that aims to celebrate and raise the profile of female squash.
Each day throughout the week, we will be featuring a different WA female squash player. You’ll get to know them a little bit better and learn why they think squash is the best sport for women to play!
What the stats tell us:
- In Australia, women are under-represented in organised sport – as participants, coaches, officials, administrators, and board members.
- Only 52% of Australian women regularly participate in sport-related activities.
- Health, fun and socialising are key motivators for girls and women.
- Girls who play sport are more confident about their abilities and competencies.
- Female athletes receive 4% of media coverage compared to males athletes.
- In 2019, women comprised 24% of CEOs across 63 national sporting organisations, and 15% of high performance coaches.
There are currently 1,135 registered squash players in Western Australia, 28% of which are female.
Let’s work together to open doors to a world of possibility, empowering girls and women of all levels to play squash with passion and confidence.
#womenssquashweek #squashthegap #playlikeagirl